Field Safety Notice Baxter Y-Type Blood Solution Infusion sets (ICN 1921)
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
- The supplier Baxter Healthcare has issued a Field Safety Notice following discovery that specific Lot numbers of the Y-type Blood Solution Sets have an incorrectly positioned (non centered) drop former in the blood chamber.
- If the drop former is not in the centre of the chamber, the set may not function as intended. A shorter lower section of the blood chamber may impact the ability to prime the set and impact the flow performance.
- A non-centered drop former in the blood chamber may lead to a delay in therapy, interruption of therapy, and/or the administration of damaged blood or blood products. Baxter advises there have been no reports of serious injury related to this issue.
- The affected product was available from stock via NHS Supply Chain:
|NPC||Product Description||Supplier Code / MPC||Affected lot numbers|
|FSB998||Administration Set Pump / Gravity Colleague Pump||EMC9612||21l14T924 22E20T151|
- Please note this administration set is currently suspended due to supply issues. Please refer to ICN 1868 for more information.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share with all users of the affected products.
- Locate and quarantine all unused affected products.
- Contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor who will give you a unique CMS log number and advise the next steps.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.