Field Safety Notice Ecolab Skin Disinfectant Biocide MRB620 (ICN 2097)
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
- Following a customer product complaint regarding sediment in the bottom of a bottle of Biocide Skin Disinfectant, NHS Supply Chain has been working closely with Ecolab to resolve the matter.
- This product is available on the stocked route from NHS Supply Chain.
|NPC||Product Description||Supplier Code / MPC||Batch Number|
|MRB620||Skin Disinfectant BIOCIDE Bottle 200ml 2% Chlorohexidine||3059650||2043LE0806|
- Please note that only the one batch number listed is affected. Other, unaffected batch numbers are currently available.
- The supplier Ecolab has conducted a full investigation and advised as follows:
- The cause has been identified; the sediment was due to the presence of Spirigel Complete in the product
- Appropriate actions have been taken to prevent reoccurrence in future
- The issue was limited to a single batch 2043LE0806
- Laboratory tests confirmed the efficacy of the product is not affected.
- Both MRB620 2% Chlorhexidine and Spirigel Complete (gel containing 85% alcohol) are skin disinfection products, therefore there is not a significant patient risk.
- As a purely precautionary measure NHS Supply Chain has quarantined the affected batch number for return to the supplier.
- All future issues will be of different, unaffected batch numbers.
- There is no impact on the availability of the product.
- Customers are assured they can continue to use this product as normal, but if you have any concerns or questions, Ecolab can be contacted by email: Gemma.Walker@ecolab.com
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.