Artificial Limb Components and Associated Products
This framework starts on 1 April 2021, runs for 24 months and ends on 31 March 2023. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
This is the single national framework for the supply of artificial limbs components and consumables. It is a mandated route by NHS England taking advantage of economies of scale and ensuring transparency of pricing for trusts. There are over 65,000 products available through our eDirect route and all key suppliers have been awarded and will be available on this framework.
An artificial limb replaces a missing body part which may be lost through trauma, disease, or a condition present at birth. It can help patients to perform daily activities such as walking, eating, or dressing.
A full range of artificial limbs, prostheses and accessory products is available for trusts to order through our online catalogue, including:
- Lower Limb Prosthetics – Knees, Feet, Hips
- Upper Limb Prosthetics – Hands Mechanical and Passive, Wrist, Elbow
- Accessories – Socks and Liners Coverings.
Products are supplied by rehabilitation centres based in NHS trusts.
Prosthetic services or service consumable products are not available on this framework.
See our Useful Links section for further information in our FAQs.
There are eight suppliers in total on this framework.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Blatchford Ltd
- Hugh Steeper Ltd T/A Steeper
- Juzo UK Ltd
- Limbtex Ltd
- Medalin Ltd
- Össur UK Ltd
- Orthoeurope Ltd
- Ottobock Healthcare plc.
No suppliers are being delisted.
- The framework has around 65,000 products
- This is a transacted framework through our eDirect route.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.