Hearing Aids and Custom Ear Moulds
This framework starts on 1 April 2019, runs for 48 months and ends on 31 March 2023. This includes a 36 months extension.
The new framework is broken down into the following lots.
- Lot 1 – Adult mild to moderate power hearing aids
- Lot 2 – Adult high/super power hearing aids
- Lot 3 – Adult multiple power hearing aids
- Lot 4 – Paediatric specific hearing aids
- Lot 5 – Niche hearing aids
- Lot 6 – Accessories and parts for hearing aids
- Lot 7 – Custom ear moulds.
The contract provides a National Pricing Matrix (NPM) for both Hearing Aids and Custom Ear Moulds from a number of suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers who are able to consolidate their purchasing. If you are interested in making savings via the National Pricing Matrix, please speak to your Account Manager.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the Custom Hearing Aids NMP.
For details of the Hearing Aids NPM please contact your Account Manager.
Please note there is a separate framework for Hearing Aid Batteries which will run until 28 February 2021.
See our Useful Links section for more information.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the full list of discontinued lines and details of all alternative products.
There are 13 suppliers on this framework.
- Arlington Laboratories
- DCL Hearing
- GN ReSound
- Intricon (PC Werth)
- Normanby Laboratory Service
One supplier has been delisted.
See our Downloads ▼ section for details of the suppliers who have been awarded to each lot on the framework.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the Custom Ear Moulds Supplier Matrix, which shows all the supplier contact details for ordering purposes. When ordering please quote the framework agreement reference 2018/S 140-319871 to receive the agreed pricing.
- 5,029 products will be available on the new framework
- 1,108 products are new to the framework
- There are no changes to the supply route:
Blue Diamond, Stocked and eDirect for hearing aids.
Custom ear moulds are available via the
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.