Neonatal Equipment, Adult, Paediatric and Neonatal Phototherapy Devices and Associated Accessories
This framework starts on 18 October 2021, runs for 24 months and ends on 17 October 2023. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
There are three Lots on the framework:
- Lot 1 – Neonatal Incubators and Neonatal Phototherapy Devices
- Lot 2 – Adult and Paediatric Phototherapy Devices.
An incubator is used to maintain environmental conditions suitable for a neonate (new-born baby). It is used in preterm births and for some ill, full-term babies. Transport incubators are also available via the framework and used when a sick or premature baby needs to be moved from one hospital, or department, to another.
Jaundice Meters are used to facilitate non-invasive measurement of neonates bilirubin levels, whilst neonatal phototherapy devices are used to treat hyperbilirubinaemia through the application of lights.
UVA and UVB Phototherapy Cabins are adult and paediatric phototherapy devices used to treat a multitude of skin conditions including psoriasis, eczema and vitiligo by way of blue light therapy. Please note these products will be added to the framework after the start, once the suppliers have met the conditions of award. This is anticipated to be at the end of November 2021.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Matrix.
When purchasing from this framework you may be able to take advantage of additional savings opportunities through:
- Point of Sale maintenance discounts
- Multi-Trust Aggregation Spend
- Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) Capital Fund promotions.
See our Useful Links section for further information about these on our Large Diagnostic Capital Equipment Including Mobile and Services category page.
Ordering and Further Information
You will need to obtain a quotation through NHS Supply Chain to benefit from National Framework Agreement Pricing.
To place an order, first contact the NHS Supply Chain buyer who will give you a unique reference number to detail on your purchase order which covers the required equipment.
0113 385 4856
To support you through the procurement process, we have a team available to help you. Our services include:
- Project planning
- Arranging site visits
- Conducting supplier presentations
- Facilitating equipment evaluations.
For more information please speak your Regional Account Manager or Capital Planning Co-ordinator. See our Useful Links section for contact details.
The suppliers on the framework are:
- Atom Medical Corporation UK Ltd
- Central Medical Supplies Limited
- Charter Kontron Limited
- Draeger Medical UK Limited
- GE Medical Systems Ltd
- Inspiration Healthcare Limited
- Loewenstein Medical UK Ltd
- QED Scientific Ltd
- Scott Medical
- SLE Ltd.
- Closed incubator
- Warmer with/without bed
- Combined Incubator and Warmer Systems
- Warmer with resus
- Transport Incubator with/without ventilator
- Jaundice meters
- Phototherapy devices.
- Full Body Fluorescent UV Phototherapy Systems
- Hand and Foot Phototherapy Systems.
We value the NHS. Our scale, experience and passion support you in the planning, purchase and management of medical equipment. Saving you time and money to concentrate on patient care.
- The only route into the DH Capital Equipment Fund, saving the NHS millions of pounds each year
- Active supplier management from our team deliver savings opportunities direct to you
- Standard national documentation saves you time and protects your procurement.
- Team of CIPS qualified procurement experts, dedicated to each product category to provide market insights and one to one support
- Finance, Clinical, Legal and extensive NHS Procurement experience to support you through the whole process
- Thousands of successful procurements and commitment deals seamlessly delivered.
- Free of charge support throughout the process from business case to installation of equipment and beyond
- Free of charge Capital planning service to provide a better future for your equipment base
- Our agreements are an easy route to market that will save you valuable time and provide certainty.