Maternity, Obstetrics and Gynaecological Products
The new framework for Maternity, Obstetrics and Gynaecological Products starts on 1 February 2021, runs for 24 months and ends on 31 January 2023. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
A full range of products is available for this category, including products designed to assist with the wellbeing and health of the female reproductive organs and the ability to reproduce, and products to treat and care for women and infants during and after childbirth.
New product ranges have been added to the framework, including sanitary products, birthing pool rental and maternity TENS machines rental.
Products on this new framework are used in Maternity and Labour Wards, Gynaecology Wards, GUM and Sexual Health Clinics, and GP Surgeries.
See our Useful Links section for further details on how NHS feedback highlighted a desire for more sustainable sanitary products.
There are nine lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Maternity Products – includes nursing cushions, creams, gels and ointments, foetal dopplers and maternity accessories such as midwifery bags
- Lot 2: Birthing Rental – includes the rental of birthing pools and maternity TENS machines
- Lot 3: Birthing – includes birth pool accessories and thermometers
- Lot 4: Baby Care Products – includes changing mats and changing tables
- Lot 5: Obstetric Products – includes delivery devices, treatment and monitoring products and post delivery aids
- Lot 6: Women’s Health – includes diagnostic aids and treatment products
- Lot 7: Sanitary Products – includes maternity pads, sanitary towels and tampons
- Lot 8: Speculums – includes Cusco speculums and accessories
- Lot 9: Pessaries – includes flexible vinyl, donut, Hodge, Gehrung, Gelhorn and cube pessaries.
Approximately 1,300 products are on the new framework in total, including new products from new suppliers. New products will be available through the eDirect or Blue Diamond route.
- Amniotic fluid detection products are available on the Point of Care framework.
- Breast pumps, baby bottles, teats, soothers, infant formula, and infant food are all available on the Infant Feeding and Associated Accessories framework.
- Lubricants, coil accessories and implant accessories are available on the Sexual Health and Associated Products framework.
See our Useful Links section for further details.
Important notice – for stocked products only. Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
There are 49 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Five suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- 16 suppliers are new to the framework
- 28 suppliers are incumbent
- 10 suppliers are being delisted: Cellpath PLC, Elvie, Henry Schein Medical, Meditech Systems Ltd (Dorset), Origio Limited, Philips Healthcare (Philips Electronics), Pleasure Wave Ltd, Richardson Healthcare Ltd, Theya Healthcare and Vagi-Moose Limited.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework.
- Albert Waeschle Ltd
- Aquilant Limited
- Ardo Medical Ltd
- Bray Group Ltd T/A Bray Healthcare
- Cardiac Services UK Ltd
- Clinical Innovations Europe
- Crest Medical Ltd
- DPEK Healthcare Ltd
- Farla Medical
- GBUK Healthcare
- Genx Medical Ltd
- Henleys Medical Supplies Limited
- Huntleigh Diagnostics Ltd
- IMS Euro Ltd
- Medical Colgate Ltd (Sterifeed)
- Medical Devices Technology Inter Ltd
- Medical Wire & Equipment
- Mediplus Ltd
- Optimum Medical Solutions
- Parburch Medical Developments Ltd
- Pelvic Relief
- Purple Surgical
- Robinson Healthcare Limited
- Rocket Medical Plc
- Splice Cast Ltd
- Valley Northern
- Vygon UK Ltd
- Williams Medical Suppliers Plc.
New suppliers to the framework
- Advanced Global Health Ltd
- B Braun Medical Ltd
- Bunzl Retail & Healthcare Supplies Ltd
- Cook (UK) Ltd
- Elemental Healthcare Ltd
- Eurosurgical Ltd
- Gemini Surgical UK Ltd
- Mana-Tech Ltd
- Medela UK Ltd
- Owen Mumford Ltd
- Pennine Healthcare
- RB Medical
- Reliance Medical Ltd
- Safe Obstetric Systems Limited
- Timesco Healthcare Ltd
- Viomedex Ltd.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain
- Belloost Limited
- Bridge Master Medical Limited
- Ceannaire Medical
- Lil-Lets UK Limited
- Medichill UK Ltd.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.