Infant Feeding and Associated Accessories
The new framework for Infant Feeding and Associated Accessories starts on 28 February 2020, runs for 24 months and ends on 27 February 2022. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
This framework provides a wide range of products to support parents and NHS staff with infant feeding from birth right through to infancy. This includes infant milks, and infant food, feeding bottles, teats and breast pumps. The products are used in children’s wards and hospitals, maternity units, neonatal wards, and speech therapy departments.
There are 2 Lots on this new framework which includes the following product areas:
Lot 1 – Infant Food
- Infant Formula (powdered and ready to feed)
- Infant Meals.
Lot 2 – Infant Feeding Accessories
- Baby Bottles (for breastmilk and formula)
- Teats, Soothers and Pacifiers
- Breast Pumps and Accessories.
Information on the different types and brands of infant milks in the UK market is available on the First Steps Nutrition Trust website, enabling you to make an informed choice about the products that are available on our framework.
See our Useful Links 🔗 section for further details.
For further information please contact your NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.
- 23 have indirect alternatives
- 22 have no alternatives mapped.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the full list of discontinued lines and details of all alternative products.
There are 14 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Two suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- Two suppliers are new to the framework
- 10 suppliers are incumbent
- No suppliers are being delisted.
This is the full list of suppliers awarded on this new framework.
- Ado medical Limited
- Central Medical Supplies Limited
- Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition
- Henleys Medical Supplies Limited
- HiPP UK Ltd
- Kendal Nutricare Ltd
- Mapa Spontex UK Limited
- Medela UK
- Medicare Colgate Limited
- Nestle Nutrition.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain
- Alcado Limited
- Babease Limited.
New suppliers to the framework
- GBUK Enteral Limited
- Robinson Healthcare Limited.
- 350 products are on this new framework.
- 162 new products have been added (from new and incumbent suppliers).
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.