Sexual Health and Associated Products
The framework for Sexual Health and Associated Products starts on 28 September 2020, runs for 24 months and ends on 27 September 2022 . There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months .
A full range of sexual health and contraception products is available to aid the prevention of sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy. There are 131 products on the new framework including 55 new products. Products available include condoms, sterile lubricants, IUDs (intrauterine devices) and teaching aids.
Topical treatments for genital warts and diaphragms and implant kits and coil accessories (which have moved across from the Obstetric, Maternity and Gynaecological Sundries framework) are all new products to this framework.
The products are predominantly used by GUM clinics (genitourinary medicine), sexual health clinics, GP surgeries and neonatal and maternity departments in NHS acute trusts.
There are seven Lots on this framework:
- Lot 1: Condoms and Dams
- Lot 2: Contraception including IUDs and Diaphragms (implantable and non-implantable)
- Lot 3: Sterile Lubricants
- Lot 4: Non-Sterile Lubricants
- Lot 5: Probe Covers
- Lot 6: Teaching Aids (IUD, breast and testicular models)
- Lot 7: Topical Preparations (genital wart treatment).
Savings will be available in the form of Compare and Save and Price Ranking.
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
For further information about this framework, including savings, please contact your NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.
- 50 have indirect alternatives
- Six have no alternatives mapped.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the full list of discontinued lines and details of all alternative products.
There are 10 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Two suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- Two suppliers are new to the framework
- Six suppliers are incumbent
- No suppliers are being delisted.
This is the full list of suppliers awarded on this new framework.
- Durbin Plc
- LTC Healthcare (Leeds Trading Company)
- Optimum Medical Solutions
- Pasante Healthcare
- Sxwell UK Limited
- Williams Medical Supplies Plc.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain
- Espere Healthcare Limited
- Prosum Medical Limited.
New suppliers to the framework
- Farla Medical
- Parburch Medical Developments Limited.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.