Field Safety Notice 3M™ Surgical Clipper Products FFL086 and FFL199 (ICN 2407)
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
- 3M Healthcare has released a Field Safety Notice regarding its Surgical Clippers.
- This corrective action has been initiated to communicate an additional caution statement to customers using the above-named products. By applying this additional caution, the safe usage of the products will be ensured.
- This additional caution statement is provided below:
- Caution – To reduce the risk of burns, which if not avoided may result in minor injury:
- Do not use on injured skin
- Do not leave clipper running unused in air without applying to skin for more than 1 minute as blade temperature may exceed 41°C (105.8°F)
- Do not leave the clipper blade applied to the same location on the patient’s skin for longer than 1 second as potential injury may occur; continuous motion of the clipper during use is required.
- Two of the affected products requiring corrective action are available via NHS Supply Chain:
|Supplier Code / MPC
|Surgical skin clipper blades Single use blades for pivoting head clipper system
|Surgical skin clipper unit Pivoting head rechargeable
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notices and share with all users of the affected products.
- Continue to use the product as intended, following the additional caution statement.
- Complete the Acknowledgement Form on page four of the Field Safety Notice and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor or the Hospital Care Team.
Please be aware that in the event of a Field Safety Notice/Product Recall we may need to provide manufacturers, UK responsible Persons and Distributers with contact details of customers who have potentially received the affected stock. This is to help them to reconcile their stock and evidence to the regulators that all actions have been taken to ensure that the unused products have been removed from customers to prevent inadvertent use of faulty and potentially unsafe products.