Field Safety Notice Smith and Nephew No Sting Prep Wipes and Swabs ELY463 (ICN 2202)
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
NHS Supply Chain Reference: 32
- The supplier Smith and Nephew has issued a Field Safety Notice withdrawing specific batches of No-Sting SKIN-Prep Wipes and No-Sting SKIN-Prep Swabs due to a manufacturing error resulting in the presence of acetic acid causing a vinegar like odour and potential minor skin irritation.
- One of the affected product codes is available from NHS Supply Chain:
|Supplier Code / MPC
|Barrier Film Wipe No Sting Sterile 1ml wipe
- Please note our warehouse stock has been checked and future issues will be of other, unaffected, batch numbers.
- There is no impact on the availability of the above product.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share with all users of the affected product code.
- Cease use and quarantine any affected batches.
- Contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with full details of affected products including product code (NPC), lot numbers and quantity stating whether boxes or eaches.
- Your Customer Service Advisor will give you a unique CMS log number and on receipt of written confirmation, will raise the appropriate credit. This must be in the form of an email, quoting the CMS reference and confirming the disposal is in accordance with your local regulations.
- Where potential alternatives are identified, Customers are advised to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisation’s use of these products.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor or Customer Relationship Manager.
Please be aware that in the event of a Field Safety Notice/Product Recall we may need to provide manufacturers, UK responsible Persons and Distributers with contact details of customers who have potentially received the affected stock. This is to help them to reconcile their stock and evidence to the regulators that all actions have been taken to ensure that the unused products have been removed from customers to prevent inadvertent use of faulty and potentially unsafe products.