Product Recall Becton Dickinson Venflon Pro Safety (VPS) Needle Protected IV Cannula (ICN 1743)
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
MHRA Reference: TBC
NHS Supply Chain Reference: 33
- Following reports of leakage from the end cap of two lot numbers of the Venflon Pro Safety Needle Protected IV Cannula, 393222, BD issued a Field Safety Notice MDS-22-4427 in April 2022.
- Although this product is available via NHS Supply Chain BD confirmed the affected lot numbers had not been supplied to our organisation.
- Since the distribution of that Field Safety Notice, BD has identified further product codes and lots of BD Venflon™ Pro Safety (VPS) Needle Protected IV Cannula which have been supplied to NHS Supply Chain and may also exhibit the reported defect, namely leakage from the end cap.
There are three products affected that were delivered from NHS Supply Chain:
|NPC||Product Description||Supplier Code / MPC||Affected NHS Supply Chain Lots|
|FSP5001||Safety Peripheral Intravenous Cannula Ported With Wings,Blue 22G x 25mm PUR||393222||1323804, 1357400|
|FSP5002||Safety Peripheral Intravenous Cannula Ported With Wings, Pink 20G x 32mm PUR||393224||1320905, 1357438, 1359608|
|FSP5005||Safety Peripheral Intravenous Cannula Ported With Wings, Orange 14G x 45mm PUR||383230||1323907|
- No other products or lot numbers outside of the above have been delivered via our route.
- If you have any of the other lot numbers or products listed in the Field Safety Notice these have not been supplied by us and will need reporting to the relevant distributor / BD.
- NHS Supply Chain stock has been checked and future issues will be of different lot numbers.
- This withdrawal should have no impact on future availability.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share with all users of the affected products.
- Cease use of the affected lot numbers, quarantine, and contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with full details including, confirmation of the lot number and full quantity in eaches.
- Your Customer Service Advisor will confirm the details and on written confirmation of safe disposal arrange full credit on your behalf.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.