Product Recall Laborie injeTAK Adjustable Tip Needles FUQ116 and FUQ117 (ICN 2067)
Important Customer Notice Recall
NHS Supply Chain Reference: 97
- Laborie has issued a Field Safety Notice following a customer complaint involving a small hole found in the film of the sterile barrier of the injeTAK needle packaging (DIS201). Further investigation demonstrated that the issue was also present in product inventory (DIS199).
- A breach of sterile barrier carries the risk of infection.
- The affected product codes are available from NHS Supply Chain:
|NPC||Product Description||Supplier Code / MPC||Route|
|FUQ116||Disposable Cytocopic Injection Needle 35cm||DIS199||Blue Diamond|
|FUQ117||Disposable Cytocopic Injection Needle 70cm||DIS201||Blue Diamond|
- Please refer to table 1 and 2 found on page two of the Field Safety Notice for affected lot numbers.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share with all users of the affected products.
- Cease use and quarantine any affected batches.
- Contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with full details of affected products for return for full credit, using reason code 7 Supplier recall.
- All goods to be returned no later than Friday 21 April 2023.
- The supplier has confirmed that future orders will be fulfilled with unaffected product.
- If any adverse effects are experienced with the use of this product, please report it to Laborie Medical Technologies at email@example.com and your local regulatory agency or competent authority.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.