Product Recall Upergy Battery Alkaline WPA150 (ICN 2247)
Important Customer Notice Recall
MHRA To be confirmed
NHS Supply Chain Ref: 44
- The supplier Upergy has issued an urgent Product Recall due to identifying a product malfunction affecting the PCA9004 D cells to specific batches.
- The malfunction is due to a manufacturing process which has been rectified and will cause no product issues in the future.
- Upergy anticipate the affected batches have a small number of cells that have been affected by the malfunction and any potential effect will be from overheating and/or rapid discharge of the cells that are subjected to high levels of vibration and/or impact shock.
- Of the products affected WPA150 has been supplied by NHS Supply Chain.
|NPC||Product Description||Supplier Code / MPC||Lot numbers|
|WPA150||Battery alkaline D 1.5V LR20 MN1300 PC1300 Industrial Power Tech||PCA9004||12-2029/029
- Please note that only the Lot numbers mentioned above are affected by the recall.
- Current warehouse stock has been checked and future supplies will be of unaffected batch numbers.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Product Recall and share with all users of the affected products.
- Cease use and quarantine any affected batches.
- Contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with full details of affected products for return reason code 7 supplier recall by 6 September 2023.
- Where potential alternatives are identified, customers are advised to consult their own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisation’s use of these products.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor or Customer Relationship Manager.
Please be aware that in the event of a Product Recall, we may need to provide manufacturers, UK responsible Persons and Distributers with contact details of customers who have potentially received the affected stock. This is to help them to reconcile their stock and evidence to the regulators that all actions have been taken to ensure that the unused products have been removed from customers to prevent inadvertent use of faulty and potentially unsafe products.