Robinson Healthcare Instrapac Tubegauze Applicator, Thudicum Nasal Specula and Backhaus Towel Clip (10cm) products (ICN 1994)
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
- Robinson Healthcare has issued a Field Safety Notice voluntarily recalling affected batches of Instrapac Tubegauze Applicator, Thudicum Nasal Specula and Backhaus Towel Clip (10cm) products.
- The supplier has been made aware of a potential manufacturing defect concerning the sterile barrier integrity.
- There are 12 NHS Supply Chain Blue Diamond product codes affected.
- Please refer to the Product Listing and Field Safety Notice for more information on the affected product codes.
- The affected product codes are currently suspended and are not available to order.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share with all users of the affected products.
- Identify and quarantine affected batches of products to prevent them from being used clinically.
- Contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with full details of affected products for return for full credit using reason code 7 Supplier recall.
- All devices to be returned no later than Friday 17 February 2023.
- We will update this ICN with more information on availability of the affected product codes once known from the supplier.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue. Please see the Product Listing and online catalogue for more details.
- Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor or Customer Relationship Manager.