Supply Issues Medicina Limited Syringes and Tubes Multiple Products (ICN 1864)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- The supplier Medicina Limited has informed us of a supply issue with its Syringes and Tubes.
- There are eight product codes affected.
- The supply issue is due to component shortages.
- Due to the recent voluntary product recall, the plunger component has been manufactured with an unapproved material.
- The material that was used is safe for the intended use, however it did not meet the supplier’s raw material specification.
- The affected product codes are currently unavailable to order.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- Please refer to the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be ongoing for around one month. We will update the ICN once we have further information.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to review the potential indirect alternative products, taking into account their compatibility and any training requirements.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.