Supply Issues Medtronic Perfusion Products Multiple Products (ICN 1832)
Important Customer Notice Update
- The supplier Medtronic has informed us that the supply issue with its Perfusion products is still ongoing.
- 54 product codes are affected in total.
- The affected product codes remain available to order on an intermittent supply basis.
- The cannula ranges which are affected and the severity of supply challenges is fluctuating weekly and the supplier expects to continue to see supply challenges on these ranges for at least another four to five months.
- Medtronic is working on solutions to remedy the supply issues. It is anticipated that its ongoing actions will reduce back orders and increase throughput over the coming months, improve visibility of supply chain flows and will build in resilience and improve manufacturing productivity.
- We will update this ICN once we have further information.
- The supplier Medtronic has informed us of a supply issue with its Perfusion products.
- There are 56 product codes affected.
- The supply issue is due to a combination of transportation and logistics disruption, the European energy crisis, semiconductor supply constraints, Petrochemical related raw material shortages (resins / PVC / TYVEK) and staffing shortages.
- 54 of the affected product codes are currently subject to intermittent supply.
- Two product codes have been delisted from our online catalogue:
- FXA446 – Surgical Support Items Aortic Root cannula (No vent line) 12GA (9Fr)
- FXA305 – Surgical Support Items Aortic Root cann Introducer 14GA (7Fr).
- Potential direct and indirect alternative product codes are available to order through our online catalogue.
- See our Downloads section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes, delisted products and potential alternatives.
- Please review options for alternative products across the different tabs within the product listing.
- Alternatives from Edwards and Chalice aren’t available via the framework as they are not awarded suppliers, however detail on these two suppliers have been added to this ICN for information only.
- Medtronic is currently working closely with its supplier base to help ease bottlenecks and mitigate delivery challenges.
- Medtronic are also exploring longer term solutions to remedy. It is anticipated that ongoing actions will reduce backorders and increase throughput over the next three months, improve visibility of supply chain flows and will build in resilience and improve manufacturing productivity.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be ongoing for a period of up to six months. We will update this ICN once we have further information.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to review the potential alternative products.
- NHS Supply Chain continues to work closely with the supplier to establish a forward view on any upcoming supply disruptions and ensure we are providing information and updates via the ICN.
- Customers are advised to speak to their Medtronic contact and liaise with their clinical teams to review the suitability of alternative products.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.