Supply Issues Multiple Suppliers Drapes Multiple Products (ICN 1523)
Important Customer Notice Update
- The supply issue for Drapes from multiple suppliers is ongoing.
- A further 29 product codes are now affected.
- A total of 85 product codes are affected.
- All the affected product codes are now subject to intermittent supply.
- Customers are advised to monitor their current stock levels and adjust their usage where possible, with the view to reducing the rate at which stock is depleted.
- NHS Supply Chain is engaging with all suppliers to help resume normal production. The category team and clinical team are holding regular meetings with 365 Healthcare Ltd to obtain updates.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- Although we do not currently have a resolution date for the supply issue, we will update the ICN as soon as we have further information.
- Multiple suppliers have informed us of a supply issue for Drapes.
- There are currently 56 product codes affected.
- The supply issues are due to a number of reasons including:
- Power outages in China; causing imposed power cuts and rationing for industrial users resulting in manufacturing delays.
- Transportation delays; high demand for ocean freight from Asia to the EU and Asia to US means there is a lack of worldwide sea freight capacity.
- A lack of empty containers available in Asia.
- Lockdowns due to COVID-19 have resulted in reduced availability of warehouse and logistics personnel.
- The affected product codes are currently unavailable to order.
- Alternatives are being reviewed on a regular basis on what is available per supplier.
- Delays are being seen on the Blue Diamond route and suppliers are seeing increased demand and unable to adjust forecasting.
- Direct alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to refer to the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and the alternatives available.
- The supply issues are anticipated to continue for an unknown period of time due to the impact on the market as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- We will continue to review the current situation and the impact of supply Drapes with suppliers.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the direct alternative products.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.