Supply Issues Smiths Medical International Ltd Luer Epidural Products (ICN 2342)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- The supplier Smiths Medical International Ltd has informed us of a supply issue with its Luer Epidural products.
- There are 10 product codes affected.
- The supply issue is due to a change in the manufacturing site.
- Five affected product codes are currently suspended and unavailable to order:
- FSR098, FYP010, FSQ225, FTR901 and FWC192.
- Five affected product codes are still available to order on intermittent supply:
- FSR097, FYP021, FYP020, FYP031 and FTR982.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue for the affected products. However, some of these products may also become subject to intermittent supply with the increase in demand.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by 31 January 2024.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- The continuing supply issue is being monitored in conjunction with the supplier and we will continue to review the stock situation to minimise further disruption and update this ICN with the latest information as it becomes available.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products, we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.