Teleflex Medical Endotracheal Tubes (ICN 1945)
Important Customer Notice Field Safety Notice
- The supplier Teleflex has initiated an urgent Field Safety Notice to recall a range of Endotracheal Tube products as a precautionary measure following reports of pilot balloon non-inflation or cuff non-deflation.
- In the event of pilot balloon non-inflation, there is a potential risk of injury to the patient as the pilot balloon no longer reflects the condition of the cuff, which may lead to over-inflation of the cuff.
- In the event of cuff non-deflation, there is the potential risk of injury if the device is removed from the patient with the cuff still inflated.
- There are 31 NHS Supply Chain product codes affected.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes.
- Please note only the batch numbers listed in the Field Safety Notice are affected.
- Read and follow the full instructions in the Field Safety Notice and share with all users of the affected products.
- Cease use and quarantine any affected products.
- If you have unused product requiring credit, contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor with full details of affected products including NPC, lot numbers, quantity eaches or box of 10, unit of issue). Your Advisor will give you a unique (CMS) reference and advise next steps.
- Products supplied via our Blue Diamond route will be returned to NHS Supply Chain for full credit using reason code 7 “Supplier Recall”. All goods to be returned by Friday 17 February 2023.
- Products supplied via our eDirect route, will be collected direct from your trust by Teleflex. Please complete the Customer Response Form, found on page 4 of the notice, and email to email@example.com
If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Service Advisor.