Changes to NHS Supply Chain: Food Procurement
19 April 2022
The provider for NHS Supply Chain: Food recently made some changes to its in-house procurement team.
The new team structure will help the Category to provide better support to NHS catering teams as they continue to improve the quality of food and meet the needs of patients.
Key changes to the procurement team include:
- A new team name – now called the Commercial Team and combining procurement, governance, project management and data.
- A new Head of Commercial, Kirstin Morris, who was previously the Directs Category Lead.
- A promotion for Kathryn Browne to Directs Category Lead. Kathryn will be managing the fresh food, food to go and direct ready prepared meals categories.
- A promotion for Rina Smith to Multi-Temperature Data (MTD) Category Lead. Rina will manage the MTD and Multi-Temperature Food Solutions (MTFS) categories, as well as the data analysis team.
- A change in Fresh Food Buyer as Caroline Schofield departed the company in January 2022. Recruitment for this vacancy is in progress.
NHS Supply Chain: Food
This category page includes links to frameworks, publications, videos, and monthly promotions.