Putting Partnership at the Heart of Supplier Relationships
Jacqui Rock, Chief Commercial Officer at NHS England recently wrote a blog on:
- The NHS, has a huge amount of buying power and should be working with suppliers to leverage and shape the market by identifying appropriate national purchasing opportunities and generating savings by procuring at scale.
- Procurement should not be a barrier to innovation but part of the solution, making it easier for innovators, especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), to get their products through the door.
- Create a more resilient supply chain to support the front line, so clinicians get the tools and products they need, in the right place, at the right time, and for the right price.
- Eliminate waste and find efficiencies.
- Working together as a community to make a positive change.
She also describes how collaborating with suppliers will be critical to delivering greater value and efficiencies from the supply chain.