Anaesthesia Machines, Ventilator Equipment and Related Accessories and Services
This framework starts on 1 March 2022, runs for 24 months and ends on 28 February 2024. This includes a 24 month extension.
An anaesthesia machine is used by anaesthetists, operating department practitioners and anaesthetic nurses to support the administration of anaesthesia. The most common type of anaesthetic machine in use is the continuous-flow which is designed to provide an accurate and continuous supply of medical gases (such as oxygen and nitrous oxide), mixed with an accurate concentration of anaesthetic vapour (such as isoflurane), and deliver this to the patient at a safe pressure and flow.
A medical ventilator is a machine designed to mechanically move breathable air into and out of the lungs, to provide the mechanism of breathing for a patient who is physically unable to breathe, or breathing insufficiently. Ventilators are mostly used in operating theatres and intensive care units.
These products are used by Theatres, Intensive Care Units, Special Care Baby Units, and A&E Departments. There are 50 new product ranges added in this framework renewal, including the addition of two new product areas, JET Ventilators and Microvent Resuscitators. See our Downloads ▼ section for full details on available products in the Product Matrix.
We are pleased to offer a range of products and services and have a team on hand to support you throughout the procurement process. Services include:
- Arranging site visits
- Conducting supplier presentations
- Facilitating equipment evaluations
- Project planning.
Ordering and further information
You will need to obtain a quotation through NHS Supply Chain to benefit from National Framework Agreement Pricing.
To place an order, first contact the NHS Supply Chain buyer who will give you a Unique Reference Number (URN) to include on your purchase order for the required equipment.
0113 385 4856
There are 20 suppliers in total on this framework.
• 16 suppliers are incumbent
• 4 suppliers are new to the framework
• 0 suppliers have been delisted.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Aquilant Limited
- Braun and Company Limited
- Draeger Medical UK Limited
- GE Medical Systems Ltd
- Hamilton Medical UK Ltd
- Inspiration Healthcare
- Loewenstein Medical UK Ltd
- Maquet Limited
- MEDACX Limited
- Ortus Technology Ltd
- Penlon Limited
- Philips Electronics UK Limited
- Prometheus Medical Technologies Ltd
- SLE Ltd.
- Vyaire Medical Products Limited
- ZOLL Medical Corporation.
New suppliers to the framework
- B.N.O.S. Meditech Limited
- Dot Medical Limited
- Mindray UK Limited
- Nihon Kohden UK Ltd.
Please note: This is a direct framework agreement, and you will need to quote your unique reference number when you place an order with your chosen supplier.
- Low acuity MRI comp with ventilator
- Low acuity MRI comp without ventilator
- Low acuity with ventilator
- Low acuity without ventilator
- Mid acuity conventional with ventilator
- Mid acuity electronic anaesthetic with ventilator
- MRI compatible electronic with ventilator
- MRI compatible electronic without ventilator
- High acuity with ventilator
- Ventilators (intensive care use)
- Ventilators (intensive care neonatal / paediatrics)
- Ventilators (pre-hospital use)
- Ventilators (transport / portable use)
- Non-Invasive CPAP ventilator - in-hospital
- Microvent resuscitator
- JET Ventilator.
We value the NHS. Our scale, experience and passion support you in the planning, purchase and management of medical equipment. Saving you time and money to concentrate on patient care.
- The only route into the DH Capital Equipment Fund, saving the NHS millions of pounds each year
- Active supplier management from our team deliver savings opportunities direct to you
- Standard national documentation saves you time and protects your procurement.
- Team of CIPS qualified procurement experts, dedicated to each product category to provide market insights and one to one support
- Finance, Clinical, Legal and extensive NHS Procurement experience to support you through the whole process
- Thousands of successful procurements and commitment deals seamlessly delivered.
- Free of charge support throughout the process from business case to installation of equipment and beyond
- Free of charge Capital planning service to provide a better future for your equipment base
- Our agreements are an easy route to market that will save you valuable time and provide certainty.