Anaesthesia Machines, Ventilator Equipment and Related Accessories
Ventilation Devices: NHS England, NHS Improvement and the Department of Health and Social Care are coordinating a central response to COVID-19 to secure additional supplies of ventilation devices.
This is a centralised procurement. See our Useful Links 🔗 section to read the statement from the teams involved, which can be found in the downloads section of our COVID-19 page.
This framework starts on 1 March 2018, runs for 36 months and ends on 28 February 2021.
An anaesthesia machine is used by anaesthetists, operating department practitioners and anaesthetic nurses to support the administration of anaesthesia. The most common type of anaesthetic machine in use is the continuous-flow which is designed to provide an accurate and continuous supply of medical gases (such as oxygen and nitrous oxide), mixed with an accurate concentration of anaesthetic vapour (such as isoflurane), and deliver this to the patient at a safe pressure and flow.
A medical ventilator is a machine designed to mechanically move breathable air into and out of the lungs, to provide the mechanism of breathing for a patient who is physically unable to breathe, or breathing insufficiently. Ventilators are mostly used in operating theatres and intensive care units.
We are pleased to offer a range of products and services and have a team on hand to support you throughout the procurement process. Services include:
- Arranging site visits
- Conducting supplier presentations
- Facilitating equipment evaluations
- Project planning.
Ordering and further information
You will need to obtain a quotation through NHS Supply Chain to benefit from National Framework Agreement Pricing.
To place an order, first contact the NHS Supply Chain buyer who will give you a Unique Reference Number (URN) to include on your purchase order for the required equipment.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Matrix.
- High acuity with ventilator
- Low acuity MRI comp with ventilator
- Low acuity MRI comp without ventilator
- Low acuity with ventilator
- Low acuity without ventilator
- Mid acuity conventional with ventilator
- Mid acuity electronic anaesthetic with ventilator
- MRI compatible electronic with ventilator
- MRI compatible electronic without ventilator
- Non-Invasive CPAP ventilator - in-hospital
- Ventilators (intensive care neonatal / paediatrics)
- Ventilators (intensive care use)
- Ventilators (transport / portable use).
We value the NHS. Our scale, experience and passion support you in the planning, purchase and management of medical equipment. Saving you time and money to concentrate on patient care.
- The only route into the DH Capital Equipment Fund, saving the NHS millions of pounds each year
- Active supplier management from our team deliver savings opportunities direct to you
- Standard national documentation saves you time and protects your procurement.
- Team of CIPS qualified procurement experts, dedicated to each product category to provide market insights and one to one support
- Finance, Clinical, Legal and extensive NHS Procurement experience to support you through the whole process
- Thousands of successful procurements and commitment deals seamlessly delivered.
- Free of charge support throughout the process from business case to installation of equipment and beyond
- Free of charge Capital planning service to provide a better future for your equipment base
- Our agreements are an easy route to market that will save you valuable time and provide certainty.
Product MatrixAn Excel file showing the products that are included in this framework.