Fit Testing Service
This framework extension starts on 1 April 2023, will run for 6 months, and ends on 30 September 2023.
Fit testing is a method for checking that a specific model and size of tight-fitting facepiece matches the wearer’s facial features and seals adequately to the wearer’s face. It will also help to identify unsuitable facepieces which should not be used.
In the COVID-19 pandemic response the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has centrally funded the National Fit Testing Service for FFP3 masks. This free service comes to an end on 31 March 2023. For trusts needing continued fit testing support this will be available on a pay as use basis through NHS Supply Chain.
Who is our Fit Testing Service for?
This service is only available to current customers of the DHSC National Fit Testing Service or where Ashfield have trained staff available. See our Downloads section to check if you are one of the current customers.
Please note there is an ongoing mandatory requirement for acute trusts (EPRR Core Standard 12) to fit test those who need to wear FFP3s, every two years. See our Useful Links for more information on the EPRR Core Standard. See our Useful Links for more information on finding an accredited tester if our service is unavailable to you.
What does our Fit Testing Service Include?
- A mobile independent trained fit tester expert with booking tool,
- Field coach support,
- Line management and director cover by the contractor
- Fit tester coordination with trusts
- Data collation and reporting
- NHS Supply Chain contract management.
See our Useful Links for more information on the indicative pricing and day rate.
We have partnered with Ashfield Healthcare to provide this fit testing service.
Ashfield Healthcare provides outsourced healthcare services to pharmaceutical, device and biotech companies. It offers contract sales outsourcing and related marketing services to healthcare manufacturers; nursing support programs, including nurse advisors, home healthcare nurses, medical compliance, and online training; and sales force effectiveness services.
- Fully trained Fit Testing personnel available across England.
- Extensive experience of fit testing all available NHS FFP3 masks – over 350,000 tests completed since 2020.
- Significant experience and relationships in NHS England Trusts.
- Qualitative and Quantitative (Portacount) Fit Testing service offered.
- Professional, on demand service – “one stop shop”.
- Simple to set up and organise.
- High levels of success in testing with over 90% of HealthCare Professionals successfully fitted with two suitable masks.
- High levels of HCP satisfaction and feedback.
- Cost effective high quality FFP3 fit testing service.
- Data capture to demonstrate alignment to the principles of the NHS PPE strategy.