Immobilisation and Associated Products
This framework starts on 23 August 2022, runs for 24 months and ends on 22 August 2024. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
A full range of products, including casting tapes, casting splints, casting stockinettes and collar and cuff slings is available on this framework. Casting tapes and splints may be used to immobilise a bone or joint while it heals from injury.
Products included in this framework are usually ordered and used by fracture / casting departments, accident & emergency, minor injury departments, operating theatres, ambulance providers, orthopaedic departments and neurological centres.
There are over 800 products on the new framework including 233 new products from new and incumbent suppliers. Casting tools, bed traction frames and acute care immobilisation devices are new to this framework.
Nine new suppliers have been awarded onto the framework, including five UK Make suppliers.
There are 16 Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1a – Casting Tapes
- Lot 1b – Casting Tape – Thermal Activated
- Lot 2 – Casting – Plaster of Paris
- Lot 3a – Casting Splints
- Lot 3b – Casting Splints – Thermal Activated
- Lot 4 – Undercast Padding
- Lot 5a – Casting Stockinette – Natural
- Lot 5b – Casting Stockinette – Synthetic
- Lot 6a – Casting Pre -Tape
- Lot 6b – Casting Accessories
- Lot 7 – Casting Tools
- Lot 8a – Envelope Slings
- Lot 8b – Collar and Cuff Slings
- Lot 9a – Traction Frames for Beds and Associated Accessories
- Lot 9b – Skin Traction Kits
- Lot 10 – Acute Care Immobilisation Devices.
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Listings.
There are 21 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 12 suppliers are incumbent
- Nine suppliers are new to the framework
- Seven suppliers have been delisted.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- 3M United Kingdom PLC
- Allard Support Ltd
- Benefoot UK Ltd trading as BeneCare Medical
- Cuxon Gerrard and Company Ltd
- Essity T/A BSN Medical Ltd
- IMS Euro Ltd
- L&R Medical UK Ltd
- Lantor UK Ltd T/A Nonwovenn
- Medalin Limited
- Promedics Orthopaedic Ltd
- Sallis Healthcare.
New suppliers to the framework
- Fenton Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Kinetec Medical Products UK Ltd
- Medezine Ltd
- Performance Health International Limited
- Praxis Medical Ltd
- Safeguard Medical Technologies Limited
- Thesis Technology Products Ltd
- TLB Medical Supplies
- Worldlink Resources Limited.
Net Zero and Social Value Weighting
From April 2022 all of our frameworks have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20.
The suppliers on this framework have demonstrated their plans for:
- fighting climate change
- equal opportunity.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.