Immobilisation and Associated Products
This framework starts on 23 August 2018, runs for 48 months and ends on 22 August 2022. This includes a 24 month extension.
The new framework is broken down into the following:
- Lot 1 – Plaster of Paris – Rolls
- Lot 2 – Plaster of Paris – Slabs
- Lot 3 – Padded Supports – Sling
- Lot 4 – Fibreglass Casting Tape
- Lot 5 – Flexible Casting Tape
- Lot 6 – Non Fibreglass Casting Tape
- Lot 7 – Skin Traction Kit
- Lot 8 – Synthetic Acute Splint Systems
- Lot 9 – Undercast Padding – Natural
- Lot 10 – Undercast Padding – Synthetic
- Lot 11 – Stockinette – Natural
- Lot 12 – Stockinette – Synthetic
- Lot 13 – Eco-Friendly Casting.
- 161 new products have been added to this framework, including more eco-friendly casting products.
- Stockinettes – Natural and Synthetic are now included in this framework.
- Further training may be required on new products (for example drying times on casting products may vary). For further information on training please contact your Account Manager.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Listings.
There will be a total of 96 products delisted and alternatives will be available from the start of the framework. The following suppliers will no longer be on this framework.
- Abbott Mda Limited
- Djo UK Limited
- McKinnon Medical
- Ossur UK Limited
- Talarmade Limited.
- There are 18 suppliers on the framework.
- Four are new suppliers to the framework.
- 14 suppliers are incumbent on the framework.
|Supplier||Incumbent||New to NHS Supply Chain||New to Framework|
|3M United Kingdom Plc||X|
|Allard Support UK Limited||X|
|Benecare Medical/Benefoot UK||X|
|BSN Medical Limited||X|
|Chris Hanley & Partners||X|
|Crest Medical Limited||X|
|Cuxson Gerrard & Company Limited||X|
|L&R Medical UK Limited||X|
|Lantor (UK) Limited||X|
|Molnlycke Health Care Limited||X|
|Promedics Orthopaedic Limited||X|
|Robinson Healthcare Limited||X|
|Sallis Healthcare Limited||X|
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.