Medical Healthcare Furniture
This new framework starts on 10 May 2021, will run for 49 months and ends on 13 June 2025. This includes a 24 months extension.
Medical Healthcare Furniture is an amalgamation of three frameworks:
- Medical Furniture and Sackholders
- Ward and Residential Furniture
- Furniture for Challenging Environments.
We have brought these three frameworks together to give customers a one-stop-shop on their furniture requirements.
Our procurement team have years of experience and knowledge to assist trusts with their furniture projects. We can work with trusts to procure and finance any size project, See our Useful Links section for further information on contracts from NHS Supply Chain: Large Diagnostic Capital Equipment.
There are five lots on this framework including:
- Lot 1 – Medical Furniture
- Lot 2 – Sackholders and Recycle Bins
- Lot 3 – Ward and Residential Furniture including Birthing Products (except Beds)
- Lot 4 – Furniture for Challenging Environments
- Lot 5 – Multi-Sensory Equipment (including Dementia).
Features of the framework
- To assist customers with a simple buying process we have designed a ‘Statement of Requirements’ which enables trusts to build a specification of what they require. Making sure products ordered are fit for purpose. We can also provide evaluation forms for evaluation days of which we can attend and help the trust facilitate if required.
- Customers will have access to our Request for Quote tool (RFQ) this is a digital system that ensures all suitable suppliers receive the same information to quote against and it will automatically carry out follow up activity. This will ensure all suppliers on the framework get the opportunity to quote fairly.
- Multisensory Equipment is designed to address the specialised needs of mental health and dementia care environments. We have expanded our Multisensory Equipment offering to include Dementia and general sensory equipment including Sensory Animals, sensory Wallpaper/Murals and Soft Play.
- A wide range of Birthing Furniture has now been added to the framework for the first time, meaning we have a wider offering to support more of the NHS.
There are 45 transacted suppliers on this framework of which:
- 17 suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- Five suppliers are new to the framework
- 39 suppliers are incumbent
- 11 suppliers have been delisted so far.
The total number of direct suppliers is 16, however, all suppliers on this framework are available direct.
See our Downloads ▼ section for a full list of all suppliers on the Supplier Matrix.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.