Paper Hygiene Products
The framework for Paper Hygiene Products starts on 26 May 2020, runs for 48 months and ends on 25 May 2024.
Hand drying is an essential part of the hand washing process, as wet skin helps spread bacteria. In environments where people are vulnerable to the effects of infection, such as hospitals, thorough hand washing and drying could save lives. There are advantages of paper towels including drying the hands more quickly, removing more bacteria and they are less likely to lead to cross-contamination.
The British Healthcare Trade Association (BHTA) is actively promoting the use of paper towels instead of hand driers for infection control purposes.
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
There are seven suppliers in total on this framework, below is the full list of suppliers available on this framework.
- Essity UK Limited
- Kimberly-Clark Limited
- Merton Group (UK) Limited
- Metsa Tissue Limited
- Sofidel UK Limited
- Arrow County Supplies Limited
- Couch Rolls
- Couch Wipes
- Facial Tissues
- Paper Hand Towels
- Toilet Tissue
- NHS Own label Paper Dispensers
- NHS Own label Paper Products
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.