Robotic Medical Equipment, Associated Accessories and Consumables
The robotics framework provides a compliant purchasing route for robotic medical/surgical equipment. We supply robots used in two surgical settings:
- Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- Spinal / Neurological.
What type of surgical procedures can robot assisted surgery be used for and what are the benefits?
The robotic systems within the Minimally Invasive surgical setting can be used to perform prostate removal, hysterectomies, thyroid cancer removal, gastric bypass, and a variety of other surgical procedures.
This type of assisted surgery is associated with:
- reduced reported postoperative pain and faster recovery times
- more effective use of resources
- savings for hospitals due to shorter stays
- reduced risk of wound infections, adhesion formation and postoperative hernias
- better cosmetic results.
Equipment listed under the Spinal/Neurological surgery line can be used for spine or brain surgery, offering fully-integrated procedural solutions for surgical planning, workflow, execution and confirmation.
How does robotic surgery work?
Most surgery is performed using a master-slave system that allows the surgeon to sit at a console and control the movements of multiple robotic arms providing a safer and less stressful working position for the surgeon which will potentially reduce incidences of back, shoulder and neck injury.
Which surgical robotics systems do we supply?
See our Downloads ▼ section for the Product Matrix showing details of the systems available to purchase. All the robotic surgery products are available via Direct supply with a 12-16 week lead time from order date.
There are seven suppliers on the framework, of which:
- four suppliers are new to the framework
- three suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain.
New suppliers to the framework:
- Brainlab Ltd
- Globus Medical UK
- Medtronic Limited
- Siemens Healthcare Limited.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain:
- CMR Surgical
- Intuitive Surgical Limited
- SRA Developments Ltd.
We value the NHS. Our scale, experience and passion support you in the planning, purchase and management of medical equipment. Saving you time and money to concentrate on patient care.
- The only route into the DH Capital Equipment Fund, saving the NHS millions of pounds each year
- Active supplier management from our team deliver savings opportunities direct to you
- Standard national documentation saves you time and protects your procurement.
- Team of CIPS qualified procurement experts, dedicated to each product category to provide market insights and one to one support
- Finance, Clinical, Legal and extensive NHS Procurement experience to support you through the whole process
- Thousands of successful procurements and commitment deals seamlessly delivered.
- Free of charge support throughout the process from business case to installation of equipment and beyond
- Free of charge Capital planning service to provide a better future for your equipment base
- Our agreements are an easy route to market that will save you valuable time and provide certainty.
Product MatrixAn Excel file showing the product matrix for this framework.