This framework starts on 16 August 2021, runs for 24 months and ends on 15 August 2023. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
Single use and reusable surgical instruments, including scalpels and blades, are widely used in all trusts and in all surgical procedures by surgeons and clinicians. There are a variety of surgical instruments, each designed for a specific purpose. Some are used for making an incision while others are made to hold tissues.
38 new suppliers and over 10,000 new products have been awarded onto this framework. This includes a greater range of reusable instruments, giving customers more product choice, as well as additional services including repairs, maintenance and recycling.
There are five Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Single Use Instruments and Packs
- Lot 2: Reusable Surgical Instruments
- Lot 3: Scalpel Blades, Scalpel Handles and Disposable Scalpels
- Lot 4: Repair and Maintenance of Surgical Instruments
- Lot 5: Metal Instrument Recycling.
Reusable Instruments, Repair, Maintenance and Recycling of instruments will be available through our direct route via a Unique Reference Number (URN) route where customers are given quotes specific to their order. Reusable instruments are also available through the eDirect route but for any significant purchases, customers are advised to contact the Category team as they may be able to provide you with better pricing.
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Listings and Supplier Matrix.
There are 56 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 38 suppliers* are new to the framework
- 18 suppliers are incumbent
- 11 suppliers have been delisted: Cardinal Health UK 432 Limited, Williams Medical Supplies Plc, Aspen Medical Europe Ltd (Ex Unomedical), Global Linkx Ltd, Lyall Willis & Co Ltd, Meditech Systems Ltd (Dorset), Medtronic Limited, Pennine Healthcare All Routes, Proact Medical Ltd, Sprint Moto Uk Ltd and Ansell Healthcare Europe Nv.
*Some suppliers will not be available at Go Live – these are detailed below. This page will be updated with an anticipated resolution/availability date w/c 20 September 2021.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Accrington Surgical
- Aquilant Limited
- Bailey Instruments
- B Braun Medical
- Bolton Surgical Limited
- Decree Thermo
- GB UK Healthcare
- Network Medical Products Ltd
- R B Medical
- Robinsons Healthcare
- Sheffmed Limited
- Steri Pod Limited
- Steris Instrument Management Services
- Surgical Holdings
- Swann Morton
- Timesco Healthcare Ltd
- Unisurge international Limited.
New suppliers to the framework
- Apple Star Corp Limited
- Avicenna Surgical Limited
- Beaver Visitec International Sales Ltd
- BioSpectrum Ltd
- Blink Medical Limited
- Cairn Technology Limited*
- Clonallon Laboratories Limited
- Creed Medical Ltd
- Cutting Edge Surgical Instruments Ltd*
- DTR Medical
- Eakin Surgical Limited
- Emmat Medical Ltd*
- Empire Medical UK Ltd
- Fannin UK Limited
- Farla Medical Ltd*
- GS Medical Healthcare Ltd
- Henry Schein UK Holdings Limited
- IMS EURO Ltd
- Judd Medical Ltd*
- June Medical Ltd
- Kebomed UK Ltd
- Mercian Surgical Supply Co Limited*
- Murray Surgical Limited
- Omega Surgical Instruments Ltd*
- Operating Room Systems Ltd*
- OscarTech UK Ltd*
- Platts & Nisbett Ltd*
- Prosum Medical Ltd*
- ProSys International Ltd
- Scala Surgical Ltd*
- Sharpsmart Ltd
- Sovereign Surgical LPP
- Surgical Instruments Group Holdings Ltd
- Surtex Instruments Ltd
- UK Medical Limited
- Uniplex UK Ltd
- Valley Northern Limited
- Vernacare Limited.*
See our Downloads ▼ section for the available supplier products.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.