Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
The framework for Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy starts on 30 October 2020, runs for 48 months and ends on 31 October 2024. This includes a 24 month extension.
A wide range of physiotherapy and occupational therapy products are available on this framework supporting the treatment, management and rehabilitation of patients and providing continuity of care from hospital to home.
We have extended the number of suppliers and expanded product ranges to provide greater product coverage and choice to meet the needs of customers. There are over 800 products on this new framework, including over 600 new products from incumbent and new suppliers.
Products are used by patients for the short term treatment of reversable conditions and for long term chronic patients who require a personalised physiotherapy plan to help maintain independence and mobility.
There are seven lots on the Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy framework:
- Lot 1: Acupuncture
- Lot 2: Electrotherapy and Ultrasound Therapy
- Lot 3: General Therapy and Exercise (includes Latex-Free Resistance Bands)
- Lot 4: Temperature Therapy
- Lot 5: Massage Therapy
- Lot 6: Posture and Balance
- Lot 7: Physiotherapy Tapes, Strapping and Associated Products.
Latex resistance bands have been removed from the framework in-line with national policy, however, there are a variety of clinically effective ranges providing latex-free alternatives from a number of suppliers including Performance Health (Theraband / Rolyan) and Meglio.
Splinting products are available as part of the Orthotic Services and Associated Consumables framework.
See our Useful Links section for further details.
Important notice – for stocked products only. Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
For further information about this framework, including savings, please contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.
There are 22 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Five suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- Six suppliers are new to the framework
- 11 suppliers are incumbent
- 19 suppliers are being delisted.
The 11 new suppliers enable us to provide a wider range, greater product choice and competitive prices.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework.
- 3M Healthcare
- Algeo Limited
- Cuxson Gerrard & Co. Limited
- DJO UK Limited
- Essity (BSN)
- Newmaw Medical Limited
- Non Wovens Limited
- Performance Health Limited
- Promedics Orthopaedic Limited
- Simplymed Limited.
New suppliers to the framework
- Crest Medical Limited
- Eureka Physiocare
- Medichill UK Limited
- Medline Industries Limited
- Physioflexx Limited
- Reliance Medical Limited.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain
- Kinetec Medical Products UK Limited
- Kinetik Medical Devices Limited
- Koolpak Limited
- Phoenix Healthcare Products Limited
- Praxis Medical Limited.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.