Improving Order Communications
You told us
Order communications such as order receipts, management of minimum order thresholds, delivery estimates, and order cancellations are not always sent to the person who placed the order.
To improve eDirect order contacts so that our customers stay up to date on their orders, we will introduce new contact system functionality.
From the 17 September 2021, we have a new functionality available which will enable customers who use 3rd party order systems to be able to maintain order contact details through the NHS Supply Chain Online website.
How will this work?
When the new functionality is released, a User contact will be assigned by NHS Supply Chain to ensure a seamless transition. However, after the release, Trust Administrator access will be required to maintain customer contact details. Therefore you may choose to become a Trust Administrator on behalf of your trust’s NHS Supply Chain account.
- For our customers who order through our eCommerce platforms (Online Ordering and eDC) we will continue to use the requisitioner details as the order contact to inform eDirect and Blue Diamond order notifications. The contact will be the same as the Requisitioner. This is to avoid any signifcant change to the eCommerce platforms.
- The only exception to the above is favourites, standing orders, or orders that are split due to variances in lead time or supplier. For these, any order amends will be communicated to the Appointed Requisition Point contact.
- For all other customers we will use the new User contact.
Apply to be a Trust Administrator
If you would like to become a Trust Administrator on behalf of your trust’s NHS Supply Chain account, you will need to apply via our Trust Administrator Account Online Application Form.
Please make sure you have read and understood the information on this page before completing the form.
Once you have submitted your application, we will review your request to be appointed as a Trust Administrator on behalf of your trust. We will use the information to verify your identity and obtain consent for you to be appointed as a Trust Administrator from within your trust. If that verification process is satisfactory, we will confirm your appointment to this role.
If you are already a Trust Administrator you do not need to reapply.
What is a Trust Administrator?
A Trust Administrator manages and assumes ultimate responsibility for setting up, authorising and facilitating end users who order products through us on behalf of their trust.
- Selecting the correct individuals (active staff)
- Authorising appropriate level of systemic permissions for access to our Online Catalogue and Ordering System, Online Reports and our application for eDC terminal users.
Specific role responsibilities:
- To act as the main point of contact for communication of IT issues and initiatives received, which should be cascaded to individuals with User Maintenance roles and in turn to end users.
- Are responsible for proactively updating us of any Trust Administrators (including themselves) who are leaving and who need their role/status deleting or amending.
- Are required to maintain their own internal register of system users for their organisation.
- Are responsible for proactively deleting/ amending end user accounts within their institution (excepting users who themselves hold the Trust Administrator role).
- Have ultimate control of masking products within their organisation.
- To act in accordance with the internal legal, compliance and financial policies governing your trust.