Supply Issues Urgo UK Ltd Bandage Products EDB034, EDB035, EDB039, EDB040 and EBA060 (ICN 2298)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- The supplier Urgo UK Ltd has informed us of a supply issue with their Bandage range of products.
- There are five product codes affected.
- The supply issue is due to increased demand and lead times.
- Due to this ongoing supply issue, four products are now being threshold managed as it is subject to Protect Demand Management.
- EDB034, EDB035, EDB039 and EDB040 are available but will remain on intermittent supply when they come off Protect Demand Management. The four affected codes are available to order through the NHS Supply Chain. However, trusts are allocated a maximum daily quantity or “threshold” to ensure a fair supply of available stock across the NHS.
- EBA060 is currently suspended and will remain subject to intermittent supply once we receive stock.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- However, some of these products may also be subject to intermittent supply.
- See our Downloads ▼ section for a full list of product codes subject to Protect Demand Management and to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by 1 January 2024.
- Customers are required to review the potential alternatives and do local stock takes to avoid unnecessary ordering.
- Customers will need to factor in the availability of the potential alternatives.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the potential indirect alternative products and the product codes currently subject to Protect Demand Management.
- The continuing supply issue is being monitored in conjunction with the supplier and we will continue to review the stock situation to minimise further disruption and update this ICN with the latest information as it becomes available.
- However, as this is currently a disrupted market and supply is subject to rapid change, the alternatives offered may also be experiencing temporary supply issues and therefore, customers may need to consider clinically reviewing all additional alternatives provided.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products, we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.