Patient Monitoring Equipment, Related Accessories and Services
This framework starts on 8 June 2020, runs for 46 months and ends on 31 March 2024. This includes a 21 month extension.
Patient monitoring is the observation of a patient’s vital sign measurements over a period of time. It is usually performed by continually measuring certain medical parameters, including electrocardiagraph (ECG), respiration, invasive and non-invasive blood pressure, oxygen saturation in human blood (Sp02) and body temperature, with the use of a device called as medical monitor.
A medical monitor usually consists of one or more sensors, processing components, display devices and communication links for displaying or recording the results through a monitor.
There are different versions of patient monitors, such as (but not limited to) vital signs monitoring (generally ward based), to theatre monitoring and specialised Neurology monitoring, all covered via this framework.
The Framework has reduced from four to two Lots which have been aligned with the different patient care areas within the hospitals (for example Emergency Department, Induction Room, Wards and Theatres). All care areas and previous acuities have been incorporated into the new Lots.
See our Product Categories section for details of the two Lots and the product category areas that sit within them. New product categories added to the framework include Amplitude integrated electroencephalography (a.EEG) monitoring and Electromyography monitoring (EMG).
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Matrix.
We are pleased to offer a range of products and services and have a team on hand to support you throughout the procurement process. Services include:
- Project planning
- Arranging site visits
- Conducting supplier presentations
- Facilitating equipment evaluations.
Ordering and Further Information
You will need to obtain a quotation through NHS Supply Chain to benefit from National Framework Agreement Pricing.
To place an order, first contact the NHS Supply Chain buyer who will give you a unique reference number to detail on your purchase order which covers the required equipment.
There are 26 suppliers currently on this framework, of which:
- 7 suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- 3 suppliers are new to the framework
- 16 suppliers are incumbent.
- Draeger Medical UK Limited
- Edwards Lifesciences Ltd
- GE Medical Systems Ltd
- Fukuda Denshi
- Huntleigh Healthcare Ltd
- LiDCO Ltd
- K2 Medical Systems Ltd
- Mindray UK Ltd
- MRI Devices Ltd
- Nihon Kohden UK Ltd
- Optima Medical Ltd
- Philips Electronics UK Limited
- SISK Healthcare Ltd T/A Cardiac Services
- Spacelabs Healthcare Ltd
- Sulis Healthcare Products Ltd
- Welch Allyn.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain:
- A.C. Cossor & Son (Surgical) Ltd
- Delta Surgical Limited
- FIRMLY Medical LTD
- Medevolve Ltd
- Neurogen Limited
- Probo Medical
- Rudolf Riester GmbH.
New suppliers to the framework:
- Central Medical Supplies Limited
- Schiller UK Ltd
- Vygon (UK). Ltd.
- Ward based Monitoring (Vital Signs / Spot Check / Low Acuity)
- Critical Care Monitoring
- Coronary Care Monitoring
- Stroke Unit Monitoring
- Emergency Department Monitoring
- Induction Room Monitoring
- Operating Theatre Monitoring
- Recovery Monitoring
- Cardiac ICU Monitoring
- Cardiac Theatre Monitoring
- Neonatal ICU Monitoring
- SCBU Monitoring
- Central Stations
- Mobile Monitoring (Telemetry)
- Ambulatory Monitoring.
- Foetal Monitoring
- EEG Monitoring
- a-EEG Monitoring
- EMG Monitoring
- MRI Compatible Monitoring
- Cardiac Output Monitoring.
We value the NHS. Our scale, experience and passion support you in the planning, purchase and management of medical equipment. Saving you time and money to concentrate on patient care.
- The only route into the DH Capital Equipment Fund, saving the NHS millions of pounds each year
- Active supplier management from our team deliver savings opportunities direct to you
- Standard national documentation saves you time and protects your procurement.
- Team of CIPS qualified procurement experts, dedicated to each product category to provide market insights and one to one support
- Finance, Clinical, Legal and extensive NHS Procurement experience to support you through the whole process
- Thousands of successful procurements and commitment deals seamlessly delivered.
- Free of charge support throughout the process from business case to installation of equipment and beyond
- Free of charge Capital planning service to provide a better future for your equipment base
- Our agreements are an easy route to market that will save you valuable time and provide certainty.