Caldew Mobile Operating Theatre Unit - Managed Equipment Services
Type: Capital Savings Start Date: 1 December 2023
Expiry Date: 1 June 2024
Save up to 30% on the weekly rental price of the Caldew Mobile Operating Theatre Unit.
The Caldew unit is a self-contained, prefabricated, plug and play, mobile surgical unit. It can be deployed quickly and easily to allow hospitals to expand their theatre capacity. It contains a fully equipped 45m² operating theatre with ultraclean ventilation (UCV) system canopy and is suitable for a full range of surgery including Orthopaedics and Prosthetics.
Designed by NHS surgeons for in-patient and day case general anaesthesia (GA) caseloads, the layout and flow of the unit has been carefully considered in consultation with clinicians and estates managers, to provide the most efficient use of space.
Once the haulier delivers the unit to site and it has been lifted into position (it can be craned into place), hydraulic rams expand the unit outwards to create the fully deployed space. Following connection of electricity and water supplies and commissioning of critical onboard systems, the unit is ready for use.
The Caldew unit can be used as a standalone unit for day surgery or fully integrated into an existing healthcare facility. The external wall of the corridor that runs along the length of the unit has been designed with insulated interlocking panels to allow maximum flexibility when the unit is joined to pre-existing infrastructure or a bespoke linking corridor.
Features and Benefits
- Fully compliant with Health Technical Memoranda HTM 03-01, designed to conform with Health Building Notes (HBN) and laser safe.
- Easily used as a standalone unit or fully integrated into an existing healthcare facility, the modular corridor wall gives maximum flexibility and maintains dignity for patients.
- The unit’s fire alarm can be linked to a hospital fire alarm system.
- The unit can be connected to a hospital’s IT system.
- Touchscreen control of all aspects of the unit including lighting, ventilation, and medical gas systems via a Bender 24 inch glass control panel.
- Separate medical gases container situated alongside the Caldew unit. A purpose-built, International Standards Organisation (ISO) container housing all medical gases and vacuum pumps required for GA procedures to take place, which allows our unit to operate independently of any existing medical gas systems on site.
- Flexible contract lengths available at competitive weekly rates.
This offer is over and above the standard discount available through the NHS Supply Chain framework agreement. The discount is a fixed term offer. All orders must be placed before 1 June 2024.
For more information, please contact
Category Manager: Managed Equipment and Clinical Service Solutions
Mobile: 0772 5110 889