Renal Replacement Therapies Services, Technologies and Consumables
The framework starts on 1 September 2020, runs for 19 months and ends on 31 March 2022. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
Renal replacement therapies are used within secondary care and within patient homes to support renal function through dialysis or continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT). The framework includes chronic dialysis equipment, supplies and services, as well as equipment and supplies for acute renal care.
There are five Lots on this framework covering the following product areas:
- Lot 1 – Dialysis Consumables and Equipment – used to treat patients with chronic kidney disease.
- Lot 2 – Home Haemodialysis Service – supports home patients with chronic kidney disease.
- Lot 3 – CRRT and Plasma Therapies Consumables and Equipment – for treating acute kidney injury in ICU patients.
- Lot 4 – Peritoneal Dialysis Service – supports home patients with chronic kidney disease.
- Lot 5 – Managed Service – allows trusts to outsource provision of their haemodialysis centres and satellite units.
These products are used by nephrology/renal clinicians and nurses, ICU staff (particularly renal intensivists and nurses), pharmacists and home patients.
- 1,111 new NPCs have been added (from new and existing suppliers).
- 1,645 products are on this framework in total.
There are 22 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Seven suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- Six suppliers are new to the framework
- Nine suppliers are incumbent.
This is the full list of suppliers on the framework:
- B. Braun Avitum
- Bard Ltd
- Baxter Healthcare Ltd
- Fresenius Medical Care UK Ltd
- Kimal Plc
- Linc Medical Systems Ltd
- Nikkiso UK Co Ltd
- Nipro Europe NV
- Quanta Dialysis Technologies Ltd.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain
- Andrac Ltd
- Diaverum Facilities Management
- Physidia UK Ltd
- Renal Services UK Ltd
- U-Drain Ltd
- Valiant Medical Ltd
- Veolia Water Technologies.
New suppliers to the framework
- Acime UK
- Genmed.me Ltd
- Maltron International Ltd
- Medical Access Ltd
- Medtronic Ltd
- Haemodialysis Consumables
- Haemodialysis Equipment
- Peritoneal Dialysis Consumables
- Peritoneal Dialysis Equipment.
- Home service option for patients using haemodialysis at home.
- CRRT Consumables
- CRRT Equipment
- Plasma Therapy Consumables
- Plasma Therapy Equipment.
- Home service option for patients using peritoneal dialysis at home.
- Managed Service offering for in-centre and satellite haemodialysis.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.