The provision of COVID-19 PPE will continue to be free of charge until 31 March 2024 or until stocks are depleted (whichever is sooner). It will also continue to be delivered by Clipper Logistics and be supplied through the auto replenishment model for NHS trusts, and available to order via the dedicated PPE Portal for eligible primary care and adult social care providers.
All other ordering of PPE products, non-COVID-19 related, needs to be made via each organisation’s normal ordering process.
Please note, NHS Supply Chain acts as the agent in providing PPE requirements, while DHSC retains overall ownership of centralised PPE stock and management of any excess stock.
See our Useful Links section for further information on the DHSC extension of free COVID-19 PPE.
On 1 April 2022, operational responsibility for the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) programme was transferred to NHS Supply Chain.
Transitioning the PPE supply chain into NHS Supply Chain will help to ensure:
- A single supply chain to manage the future procurement and supply of products.
- It meets the needs of the wider health and care sector.
- Improved supply chain resilience through the incorporation of supply chain excellence best practice.
The resilience of PPE product supply in to the NHS has been assured through:
- Increased stockholding in NHS Supply Chain warehouses
- Improved product availability, removing the need for trusts to stock build
- Increased weekly stock cover
- Increased number of pallets across all lines
- Reduced number of products we offer
- Increased delivery service levels.
The provision of COVID-19 PPE is delivered by Clipper Logistics and be supplied through the auto replenishment model for NHS trusts.
This channel is for Acute, Mental Health, Community, Integrated Care, and Ambulance trusts.
The Daily Delivery Manifest is available as a download for the auto replenishment supply of core PPE stock. These manifests are published on this page so that you can see what core PPE products will be delivered to your trust today/tomorrow, by product description, and by volume.
Based on customer feedback, there are fixed delivery days by organisation type so you know on which days you can expect a delivery. These are shown in the table below.
Mapping of Trusts PPE Report
- A list of trusts that receive PPE auto replenishment pallet deliveries is mapped against trusts that do not receive PPE auto replenishment pallet deliveries.
- If your trust does not receive PPE auto replenishment pallet deliveries, use this report to understand the main trust within your ICS that you can approach to facilitate local mutual aid.
- If your trust does receive PPE auto replenishment pallet deliveries, use this report to understand the trust(s) within your ICS that may approach you asking you to facilitate local mutual aid.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the Mapping of Trusts PPE Report.
Facilitating ICS Mutual Aid Report
- Shows core PPE volume delivered, by trust and by product description.
- Includes PPE delivered by NHS Supply Chain and via PPE auto replenishment deliveries from the pandemic stockpile.
- Use this report to understand the location and type of core PPE products delivered into your ICS.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the Facilitating ICS Mutual Aid Report.
Other Healthcare Partners
Community, Non-Acute, and Primary Care Healthcare Partners
The urgent need is recognised to provide more capacity to deliver PPE products to our wider community providers, including care homes and home care providers.
A solution to meet this demand has been created for social care and primary care providers.
The Department of Health and Social Care, partnered with eBay, Clipper Logistics, and Royal Mail, has developed the PPE Portal. It is a way for social care and primary care providers to order and receive critical COVID-19 PPE. All PPE offered on the portal meets UK Government quality standards. See our Useful Links Section for more information on the PPE Portal.
If you are a hospice being provided deliveries via the auto replenishment method, please contact Unipart at email@example.com