Diagnostics, Pathology and Therapy Engagement Guide
This guide takes you through the process of setting out the options available, the benefits of our approach, and helps get the buy-in of everyone involved to deliver quality, clinically assured products and solutions.
The Framework Agreements that fall within our area contain provision for Direct Award and further competition. We can advise on how your requirements are best met for purchasing consumables, services and Managed Services via NHS Supply Chain for Diagnostics, Pathology, Renal and Dental.
In association with your Customer Relationship Manager you will need to complete an Account Management Scoping Document for your category area. This will be passed to us to review and assess the opportunity.
For Managed Services please contact us Renal or Pathology teams directly:
01925 692 028
01925 692 028
The next steps give detail on what happens next:
Phase 1 – Defining Your Requirement
To understand your requirements and to align to our framework options we will require one or all of the following:
- A completed scoping document – as provided by your Customer Relationship Manager
- Your trust’s most recent 12-month spend data or
- A Statement of Requirements (SOR) tailored to your end user specification. See our Downloads ▼ section for templates for these.
Our team will work with your clinical, procurement and directorate leads to review the opportunities available to your trust by utilising the appropriate Framework Agreement.
Phase 2 – Procurement
We will look at three main avenues when reviewing your data and requirements:
- We can analyse your data to identify the opportunity to switch products or your current procurement route to NHS Supply Chain.
- We hold comprehensive data to allow direct award against all of our frameworks in line with Public contract Regulations,
- We can offer you guidance on conducting a further competition.
For Managed Services or long term commitment projects we can provide Category and Implementation support as an integral part of our offering.
Timescales for completion vary on a project by project basis.
Phase 3 – Award and Implementation
Award and Implementation varies depending on the nature of the purchase.
- For catalogue purchases; code loading of consumable contracts will take approximately six weeks in line with internal policies and procedures that must be followed.
- For contracts that will be hosted directly with the supplier, we will issue you a Unique Reference Number (URN) that should be included on all subsequent Purchase Orders.
- For commitment contracts across both consumables and equipment you will be required to complete a Call-Off Agreement with the supplier.
For any further detail, please get in touch with the Customer Relationship Management team or the relevant buying teams.
There is a wealth of information available on the contract information pages about what is available via the frameworks and the suppliers we have awarded.